Clusse 0.29f, released 17.10.1995
- If BPQ is not found on startup or is of too old version, clusse returns
errorlevel 1 instead of 20 to prevent reloading...
- New parameters to the reboot command: Reboot warm does a warm reboot
of the computer and Reboot cold does a reboot which looks like a cold
reboot. Reboot with no parameters just exits clusse with errorlevel 100,
then clu.bat reloads it... Please note that i have no idea what a multi-
tasking OS will think about this. When rebooting the computer, clusse
tries to call several disk cache programs and tell them to flush the
write-behind caches, but i cannot guarantee it works. After that it waits
for 15 seconds to allow flushing... should be enough for any cache.
- The default flags setting in clusse.ini works again.
- Prompt 6 now works as a default in clusse.ini.
- A new sysop command Euser (Edit an user file entry). Used to add,
delete or modify an entry in the local user file.
- A new parameter for the STatus command: status Files gives some
information about disk usage.
- The SHUtdown command now only works for the superuser 8-) ... forgot
to check the permissions. This is a GOOD reason for upgrading from 0.29d
- Added a DOS shell (ALT-F10) using TurboPower Software's swapping
library. Swaps to EMS or disk and leaves only under 5k of Clusse code
to memory. EMS swapping didn't work for me, with EMM386... I'll try to
make it use XMS. Returning from the dos shell under DesqView seems to
close Clusse down, but why?
- Talk & announce texts are shown in the action monitor.
- Those who have chosen to receive the user login/logout notifications
using the Messages command, now also receive the away/here messages.
Except for their own.
- Two new variations of the Talk command: TTimestamped adds the current
time to the beginning of the talk message, like the talk/time command of
PacketCluster: "OH7LZB talks: <1432Z> Trallala..."
TReply sends a talk to the originator of the last talk message the user
has received. TReply doesn't require the recipient's callsign.
- New command TIMEStamp (yes/no), toggles timestamps in talk, announce
WX, user, node and link messages...
- Removed the unnecessary Flags command.
- Fixed links.ini parsing a bit. 0.29e often lost the last character of a
- User add notification messages to users now include the actual home
node of the user, not the local node callsign...
- Fixed PC12 (Announcement) format a bit: the Sysop flag is a space, if
- Node route table is not stored in static per-link tables any more.
Removes the maximum routes per link limit of 255. NRoutes table is
also sorted, as it's now derived from the node list.
- Modified valid callsign check a bit, it now requires at least one digit
and at least 2 letters. Should block corrupted PC messages which have the
hop count where a callsign should be.
- Users in talk mode are notified every 15 minutes that they're in talk
mode & how they can exit it. Some people (including myself) tend to
forget the fact they're in talk mode, and then wonder why the commands
- Talk messages don't include a beep if they are from a station you're in
talk mode with.
© Heikki Hannikainen <email@example.com>