Clusse 0.29c, released 30 Aug 1995
- Fixed an error in monitoring: if no monitoring window was present,
the header lines of net/rom nodes broadcasts were still written on the
screen, on the input line.
- Added three new commands sh/, show/ and set/. They display a short
message "This is not a PacketCluster (TM). Try the Help command."
New users, which have used PacketCluster before, tend to try sh/dx,
sh/ann as soon as they get in, and all sh/ commands were interpreted
as the shout command...
- Length of login.txt limited to 10 lines. Just for your inconvenience 8-)
- Fixed ping: cannot ping local node any more. Pinging it caused the
ping packet to hop on the console screen.
- Clusse home page on WWW is http://zone.pspt.fi/clusse/ - check it out.
- Removed channel 0 from the conference mode. Those of you familiar
with the internet conversd network know why.
- Added a new message type: Link status changes. Tells users when
cluster links are added/dropped. Selectable in Messages and BEeps.
- Removed messages and beeps setting from the Flags command.
- Replaced the regular BIOS ctrl-g beep with my own. Ugh.
- Fixed the list command... "list" was interpreted as linfo... whoops!
- Clusse now checks if the text directory is present on startup...
- More information in the % (list BPQ sockets) command. Preparing for
smarter transmit buffering before BPQ to avoid "out of buffers" crashes...
- Did some work with the unproto feature. Now sends WWV as well. Unproto
messages are padded with spaces to columns, looks nicer on a terminal.
Users can follow the unproto spots by setting their TNC/terminal program
to only monitor UI packets addressed from your cluster callsign to DX.
Format of the packets is specified in readme.txt. Unproto list
requests and dx/ann/wwv spot uploading coming soon! Who wants to write a
good terminal program with Clusse support?
- New users don't get all the news when they log in for the first time.
- Fixed a WEIRD bug in user command parsing, which caused it to give
false results if the command string was 32 characters long. Example:
"t oh7lzb Trying out the parser." (+CR) gave a message of
"OH7LZB talks: oh7lzb Trying out the parser".
- Adjusted the behaviour of the console command history again. When you
copy a command from the command history, it's added to the end of the list.
- Speedup in the expiry: should be quite a bit faster. Added some
buffered reading and writing.
- The DXBase log software seems to give the callsign of the DX before the
frequency, "dx oh7lzb 144675". Modified Clusse to accept it.
- Some cosmic changes in the startup screen.
- Fixed talk (again!!) to correctly answer talks to non-existent local
users. And some other small fixed bits. I wonder if i ever will get this
working the way it should.
- A new file data\nodes.clu stores the rtt's and hop counts for all
heard cluster nodes.
- A new file netusers.clu will store the home node of all users on the
cluster network to be used when talking to a user not on the user list.
The information can be found at least on Talk, DX, Announce and WWV
messages. The feature was not completed, so i left it disabled.
- Added expiry for the two new files. Update your expiry.ini.
- Added timestamps to action and band monitoring.
- Added talk mode. See the help file.
- Clusse used to accept add user (PC16) messages from unknown nodes,
this caused a memory leak and messy user add messages. Fixed.
© Heikki Hannikainen <email@example.com>