Clusse 0.29, released 30 Jul 1995
- Added another overflow check to the parsing of PC16 (add node) protocol
message. PacketCluster sends crap from time to time, this caused run-time
error 201 at 0567:4FEE.... also found out that my byte-sized variable for
storing user counts on PacketCluster nodes was too small - some REAL
busy servers overseas seem to handle more than 255 users at a moment.
This used to cause another overflow error 201, moved the upper limit to
65535. Should be enough, huh.
- User and node tables are now stored in a linked list. This means that
memory for them is allocated dynamically, and your free base memory is
the only limit for the amount of users and nodes...
- Also moved a lot of user & socket information from static to dynamic
- User and node lists are sorted alphabetically. Looks nice. Happy, Mar? 8-)
- Tracing of sockets to files. At first, only for PC links, but in the
future, for any (user/link) socket, to a file or the screen...
See links.ini for details on tracing links.
- As always, some minor cosmic changes.
- Two new cluster commands: Shout (announce full) and SAy (Ann local).
- A new file: text\login.txt is sent to users on login, right after the
qth/information string in clusse.ini. You can omit this file if you
don't need it...
- Another new file: data\last.clu is used to store last users list
and some other actions (shutdowns, crashes) and can be viewed using
the command lc (List Connections). There's also a new command to view the
error log, le (List Errors).
- A new prompt (nr. 6) with time and date.
- Added a bunch of XMS handling functions in the code. Not really used yet,
but some day they might get useful.
- NOW you can REALLY /invite local cluster users to the conference mode.
I wonder how it took so long to fix it. Now it works, anyway. I tried.
- Added a feature in the users command: you can also give the callsign
of a specific node to get the user list of that particular node.
- PacketCluster version compatibility: Clusse has been succesfully linked
(at least) with PacketCluster versions 5.3-05, 5.4-32 and 5.4-77. I have
seen reports that Clusse won't talk properly with versions before 5.0,
and i suspect the problem is in the differences of the linking protocol.
I don't have such an old version running nearby so i cannot debug the
differences out, sorry folks...
- A new News system. The format of news.txt has changed, take a look at it.
Involves a new command 'news'.
- You can now connect console to node, by pressing CTRL-F2. You'll have
the console call, if you have the ENABLE_LINKED setting in BPQCFG set to
A or Y. Otherwice you'll have the BBS call. I suggest setting it to A,
as Y could be considered dangerous. Press ctrl-f2 again to hard disconnect.
- Fixed BPQ stream handling. Now can use any stream set, used to not work
if the first stream used was not stream 1.
© Heikki Hannikainen <email@example.com>