Linux-Hams archive - May 1997: RE:TPP Converse Bridge...

RE:TPP Converse Bridge...

Mon, 26 May 1997 14:18:41 BST

> Thanks to oh7lzb for his changes, this allowed me to complile on an
>elf based system.
>

> It there any trick to getting the conversd to run, when I run
>/usr/local/sbin/conversd there is some disk activity and then nothing, i
>cannot see the thing loaded if I do a ps aux.

You might well have to define a server to link to in the
/usr/local/etc/convers.conf file.

Conversd is a funny old thing when it starts up: first it seems to
do a dns lookup for 'unix' which depending on your location can take
up to a couple of minutes :-(

There are a couple of mailing lists about convers: convers-sysops
and tpp-topics both courtesy of Brian Lantz - see www.lantz.com for
more info.

73 G7PIT

--
Dave J Brown operating from a secret location.