Linux-Hams archive - May 1997: Soundcard based RTTY, etc

Soundcard based RTTY, etc

Mike Bilow ()
Fri, 09 May 97 20:43:00 -0000

James D. Cronin wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

TS> AMTOR/Pactor is a bigger challenge, as the timing requirements
TS> for switching between RX/TX are severe and need to be exact.

MB> If you are not already familiar with it, check out the Real-Time Linux
MB> extensions page, "http://luz.cs.nmt.edu/~rtlinux/".

JDC> Speaking of soundcard-based stuff, are there any other
JDC> digital-mode signal decoders for linux? Like pagers, MDT, etc.

Not that I know of, although Tom would be the expert on this subject. I've
seen some discussion of code for POCSAG and similar things which would be
mostly of interest to Europeans, but this is no great technical challenge.

-- Mike