Linux-Hams archive - May 1997: DNS

DNS

Mike Bilow ()
Mon, 05 May 97 21:25:00 -0000

Tim Connolly wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

TC> I'm trying to find an example of the named.boot file and the
TC> data file for a primary zone using the DNS server named.
TC> I already have a secondary setup and working.

This ought to give you a pretty good summary. All instances of named should be
run authoritative for the "localhost" and loopback (Net 127) domains.

-- Mike

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x /etc/named.boot
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

directory /etc/dns

cache . root.cache

primary localhost pri.localhost
primary 127.in-addr.arpa pri.localhost.rev

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x /etc/dns/pri.localhost
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

$ORIGIN localhost.

@ SOA localhost. god.localhost. ( 1 3600 1800 604800 86400 )

NS localhost.

A 127.0.0.1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x /etc/dns/pri.localhost.rev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

$ORIGIN 127.in-addr.arpa.

@ SOA localhost. god.localhost. ( 1 3600 1800 604800 86400 )

NS localhost.

1.0.0 PTR localhost.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx